Minden Hills and Bluegrass
|Family Band Acoustical Strings|
It is a great time to book your summer vacation and take in the festivities at the fairground along with the many other sights in the beautiful Highlands.
The Minden Rotary Club is hoping folks will have a toe-tapping good time at its first bluegrass festival this summer.
Minden Hills Bluegrass 2011
|Minden Hills Bluegrass Festival|
The Minden Fair Grounds, which this year will host the 147th Haliburton County Fair is an excellent venue location for the 2011 Minden Hills Bluegrass Festival with lots of room for parking, rough camping, lawn chairs, a great food service facility, lots of room for vendors and waste facilities for trailers.
This being their first Festival they have drawn on the “Bluegrass depth” of many to ensure that your weekend is enjoyable and a memorable experience.
July 15th to 17th, 2011 · Minden Fairgrounds · Minden, Ontario, Canada
Friday July 15, 2011
Hours TBA Open Stage see for updates on Schedule
Saturday July 16, 2011
11:00 – 11:30 Opening Ceremonies11:30 – 12:00 The Tebworth Brothers
12:00 – 12:45 General Store
12:45 – 1:30 Simcoe County Ramblers
1:30 – 2:15 Acoustical Strings
2:15 – 3:00 Hometown Bluegrass
3:00 – 3:45 Bill White & Whitepine
3:45 – 4:30 The Spinney Brothers
4:30 – 5:30 Supper
5:30 – 6:15 Simcoe County Ramblers
6:15 – 7:00 Hometown Bluegrass
7:00 – 7:45 General Store
7:45 – 8:30 Acoustical Strings
8:30 – 9:15 Bill White & Whitepine
9:15 – 10:00 The Spinney Brothers
Sunday July 17, 2011
11:00 – 11:45 Acoustical Strings11:45 – 12:30 General Store
12:30 – 1:15 Hometown Bluegrass
1:15 – 2:00 Simcoe County Ramblers
2:00 – 2:45 Bill White & Whitepine
Bluegrass Bands Appearing
Just to mention two
The Tebworth Brothers
The Tebworth Brothers are Wyatt and Marshal Tebworth. Wyatt is 8 years old and has been playing mandolin and fiddle for almost 3 years. Marshal is 6 years old and has been playing his fiddle since 2010.
See website for the Tebworth Brothers
Simcoe County Ramblers
These folks are multi-instrumentalists with a great love for the Bluegrass genre. The band covers your traditional Bluegrass favourites and mixes it up with their original tunes. Fast paced pickin’, edgy vocals and catchy originals characterize this new Ontario Bluegrass Band.
See website - Ramblers
At The Gate Ticket Prices
Ticket Type Cost Information (All prices include HST)
Weekend Pass $55 Includes rough camping Saturday night and access to all concerts
Weekend Seniors $50 Includes rough camping Saturday night and access to all concerts. Seniors Card required
All Day Saturday $30 Access to concert area all day - 11:00am to 10:00 pm
Saturday after 6pm $20 Access to concert area after 6pm
All Day Sunday $20 Access to concert area all day Sunday - 11:00am to 3:00pm
Thursday/Friday Camping $10 Rough camping – per night, per person
For more information see Order Tickets
RV parking/camping is on a first come – first serve basis, so groups wishing to park/camp together need to arrive together.
Pickin’ Jams after the concerts.
Food concessions and beer tent on the festival grounds.
No glass, fires or fireworks permitted.
2011 Minden Hills Bluegrass Festival Rules
They would like this festival to be an enjoyable event for everyone, so you might want to know the rules before you attend.
- Wristbands must be worn at all times and displayed to any festival staff member upon request.
- No glass containers – for safety reasons, beverages must be in cans or plastic containers.
- No smoking, alcoholic beverages or pets in the concert area.
- No standing in the concert area or if it rains, please no umbrellas as this blocks the view for others.
- No drugs, drunkenness or rowdy behaviour will be tolerated on the grounds.
- Please utilize the trash barrels throughout the grounds.
- Pets are to be with their owners, leashed and confined to their campground area. Do not leave pets unattended and please clean up after your pets.
- No fires or fireworks (no exceptions).
- No amplified music (acoustic jams only).
- No surface discharge of black or grey water on the grounds.
- Generator times: 8:00am – 10:00am and 4:00pm – 6:00pm (exceptions will be made for medical purposes)
- Day parking in Arena parking lot only.
- They reserve the right to refuse anyone admission.
- No refunds on advance tickets or for anyone removed from the grounds for rule violations.
- The Minden Hills Bluegrass Festival is not responsible for any accidents, loss, theft, injury to persons, or damage to property, however caused.
Contact and Directions
The village of Minden Hills is located within the Haliburton Highlands region, north east of Toronto. We’re a pleasant 2 ½ drive from either downtown Toronto or North Bay and about 3 ½ hours west of Ottawa. The drive here from any direction will take you through spectacular scenery.
Minden is located on highway #35 between Lindsay and Dorset Ontario.
Many people who attend bluegrass festivals are playing themselves, often breaking into spontaneous jam sessions, let the fun begin, their trying to set up an open mike event for the Friday night of the festival.
The Rotary Club will be joined by the Legion, the Minden Kinsmen and members of the fair board who will run the beer garden, food stand and other amenities as they do some fundraising for their organizations.
The club is hoping for between 400 and 500 attendees and their still looking for additional volunteers to help out with any number of jobs.
Vendors are also welcome to rent booths and the event is also seaking sponsors. For more information about tickets, volunteering, renting a booth or becoming a sponsor.
See their website - http://www.mindenhillsbluegrassfestival.ca/
Subscribe in a reader
Get out and enjoy the 2011 Minden Bluegrass Festival
Feel free to comment below